Epoxytread Solvent Free, High Build, Two Pack Epoxy Floor Paint is a durable, high performance, floor paint with good chemical and abrasion resistance. This highly durable, 2k Epoxy floor paint is ideal for use on floors across many industrial and commercial sectors such as: laboratories; factories; showrooms; schools; plant rooms and food processing locations.
- Hygienic – provides easy to clean, dust free surfaces
- Good chemical resistance
- Choice of colours
- Hard wearing with good abrasion resistance
- Withstands heavy foot traffic and is suitable for light vehicular traffic
- A 5kg unit will cover approximately 15m²
Full directions for use are on the product container. Here are some tips to help use this coating most effectively. Use with Epoxytread Primer. if surface is in poor condition or the surface is very porous. New concrete should be at least 21 – 28 days old or the moisture less than 5%.
- Assemble equipment and manpower in preparation and be sure to allocate sufficient time to use the product. There is a finite time period before the product becomes unusable after mixing the components. While the usable time stated is 40 minutes, it could become as little as 15 minutes in warm, dry conditions.
- Don’t save any for later… it is important to use the entire contents of each container of floor paint. Resin component A and curing agent B are supplied in ‘exact quantities’ to create the chemical reaction for optimum application and curing.
- Decant the mixture into a paint scuttle (some users tip the contents directly onto the floor to work it out) and apply immediately with a brush or roller suitable for an epoxy coating. We suggest the four piece floor painting kit.
- To achieve a smooth finish at the edges apply by brush.
- We usually recommend two coats. Apply the second coat as soon as possible – preferably the next day to achieve adhesion between the two coats.
Approximate cure times on this product are: 24 hours for foot traffic and 7 days for a full cure (chemical resistance and mechanical properties)
Summary: An excellent choice if you are seeking a robust floor paint for a warehouse, workshop, garage, or catering outlet
Unsure which floor coating you need? Our blog gives information about where, when and how to use: polyurethane floor paint; two pack epoxy coatings and chlorinated rubber paint.