Barrettine Premier Wood Preserver protects against wood destroying wet rot, wood boring insects and contains superb quality water repellent resins. With a low odour, this deep penetrating oil/spirit wood preservative is ideal for use on treated and untreated wood and gives a semi-transparent finish allowing the natural wood texture to show through.
Suitable for rough, sawn or smooth timber, Barrettine Wood Preserver does not require over sealing for wood protection so can stand alone. It can also however, be used as a preservative base for overcoating with protective treatments, wood oils and oil based paints/varnishes, for aesthetic purposes (allow for weathering period). If using as a stand alone product, seven colour shades are available.
- UV Fade resistant colours
- Durable protection against wet rot, decay and insect attack
- Superior water repellency provided by high quality resins
- Use on rough, sawn, or smooth treated or untreated timber
- Translucent Matt-t0-Satin finish allows natural wood grain to show
- Easy to use, low odour with no need to overseal
Applying Barrettine Premier Wood Preserver
Use outdoors to preserve wooden fences, gates, sheds and for most external wood care tasks including window frames, external doors and door frames (internal & external sections). The Barrettine clear wood preserver can also be used on structural timbers in unoccupied areas such as floor joists.
This wood preserver is also suitable for use on animal housing including chicken coops, stables and kennels **keep animals away until the surface is completely dry**
While Barrettine premier wood preserver is available in seven UV fade resistant colours, it can also be overcoated for aesthetic purposes or for additional protection, with suitable paints and wood oils.
NOTE: Before overcoating, allow the wood to fully ‘weather’ after applying the preserver. This is especially important for water based paints as the wax contained in the preserver will repel the water and prevent adherence of the paint. The ‘weathering’ process can take several months.
- Wood must be dry, and dirt free. Remove previous coatings such as paint or varnish and clean with a biocidal wash
- Apply in dry weather conditions by brush, roller or spray (wood can also be dipped)
- 2 to 3 coats are recommended. Allow 12 to 14 hours between coats, depending upon weather conditions
Contact us via the online chat, phone or email for any questions about this item or to check stock. For information on caring for exterior wood check out our blogs