Armourflex® Wood Floor Varnish Lacquer is a professional high performance wood coating which gives hard wearing, flexible protection to wood. Utilising the latest technology, water-based ArmourFlex Wood floor Varnish/Lacquer reacts with oxygen to create internal cross-links which give a strong coating without the need for mixing two pack systems. Ceramic particles added to the formula provide greater strength & protection.
Product Highlights – ArmourFlex Wood floor Varnish/Lacquer
- Easy to use single part, water-based wood floor lacquer/varnish
- Strong, hard wearing and long lasting
- Extremely scratch and stain resistant
- Suitable for all solid wood flooring (including parquet)
- Cross linking resins and ceramic particles for strength
Available in Enriched tone which emphasises the grain of the wood or a Natural tone with minimal wood colour change.
Which wooden floors is Armourflex suitable for ?
This lacquer is suitable for use on all solid wood flooring which includes hardwood, softwood boards and parquet. The beauty of using this water based product is that there is minimal impact on the colour of the wood. It is not suitable for laminate (artificial wood) flooring but can be used on wood veneer. As with all theses kinds of products, we recommend testing an inconspicuous patch before starting your project.
Preparation and Shelf Life
The product shelf life is 18 months from the manufacture date. Full instructions are provided on the data sheet which can be downloaded above but here are few essential tips:
- Allow freshly laid wood floors to acclimatise for several days before treating
- Sand back previous coatings such as wax, polish and oil to the bare wood
- Clean with methylated spirits applied with a clean, lint free cloth
- If surface defects are present fill with a suitable wood filler and sand – remove all dust then wipe with damp cloth
5 litres will cover approximately 20m² – 30m² of bare wood with 3 coats, depending on the porosity and smoothness of the wood. First coat coverage approx: 8m² – 12m² per litre and subsequent coats approx: 15m² – 20m²2 per litre.
- Light foot traffic: Approximately 16 hours after the final application
- Heavier Use: Allow 1 week for the lacquer to fully cure before heavy use like loading heavy objects, floor coverings or pet access
- Washing/Mopping: Avoid wetting the floor before 1 week has passed, including damp mopping
- Pets: Pets nails/claws should also be kept short, particularly large dogs