Durable, traditional solvent based exterior yacht varnish, with a clear gloss finish for new, previously painted or stained wood. Superior quality, high gloss yacht varnish is formulated to provide a tough coating for ensuring yachts, boats and exterior wood stay looking fantastic.
Good coverage and quick drying time enables you to complete jobs quickly with great results. Our Yacht Varnish provides superb durability, also making it ideal as a coating for windows and doors to protect them from poor weather.
Palatine Yacht Varnish Key Features:
- Outdoor clear varnish – ultimate protection against chemicals and pollution for exterior wood
- Ideal for: hard and soft wood – including doors, windows and marine woodwork
- Quick drying: Touch dry in 2 hours
- Weather resistant exterior varnish: prevents UV and water damage
- Extremely durable: resists cracking and blistering
- Excellent wet edge and flow out
- Suitable for both new or previously painted or stained surfaces
Appearance and Application Tips:
- The finish of Palatine Yacht Varnish is clear with a high gloss. While we advise it has a slight “straw” tint, our customers use it because of its clarity. Browse the reviews for more details.
- With a good wet edge it is easy to apply by brush or roller. It can also be applied by conventional or airless spray.
- We recommend a minimum of two coats of yacht varnish for maximum protection and always allow for the suggested time between coats (see directions for use above).
- This coating is touch dry in two hours and hard dry in 8 hours.
- It can be used on hardwood, softwood, metals and other substrates (contact us if you are unsure).
- When applying an outdoor varnish or paint, avoid windy conditions which can blow dust and grit into your wet surface.
- For thinning and cleaning tools and equipment use Carbosolv White Spirit.
Yacht varnish is an excellent tough coating with an attractive high gloss finish. Our other varnishes for wood include Polyurethane Varnish and Polyurethane Floor Varnish. For an eggshell finish yacht varnish, see Coo-Var Yacht & Seaplane Varnish Eggshell. If you are unsure which varnish to use give us a call on 01942 884122. Take care if removing old coatings containing lead, please visit the BCF for an illustration on how to deal with this.